backlinks

Tip for Followers: Use me! Waste no opportunity for a backlink. Simply comment & include your own website url to promote yourself by boosting your own SEO. Remember: Google loves blog content, and links are the lifeblood of online sellers.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Synesthesia & Musical Inspiration on Etsy


Handpicked on Etsy
If you hear a sound and concomitantly sense a color, you have a rare condition known as synesthesia. An example might be the musical note middle C provoking you to envision the color red. Such perceptions are involuntary physical responses to auditory stimuli versus examples of conscious response to sensory input. For whatever reason, the word synesthesia popped into my mind today and led me to wonder what I'd find searching it on Etsy. While I only came upon one artist who has the unusual phsysical syndrome, I found others who were intellectually inspired by a specific piece of music and applied their response in their creations. Working in various media, today's featured artists tell a musical story in these pieces. Click on the pictures to go directly to each listing and discover which piece of music inspired these creations! Prices range from $11.11 to $430.00.
From top left to bottom right, today's featured artists include: wschweizer, bjwcreative, AncaNY, debrasoriginals, wifflestudios, InvisibleFountain, Rodiegear, 3crows, klaart, debrasoriginals

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful and interesting and thank you for including my Cat Singing Neil Young piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny enough, my favorite composers are Mozart and Chopin and I usually have them on when working. Mozart is always an array of colors for me, complementary colors like blue and orange, red and green. Chopin is a more soothing combination, with blues and greens and turquoise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Music & Art! I love 'em...and thanks for including mine!
    Painting to music is always better than just painting (I think).
    -Luke Cavagnac
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/InvisibleFountain

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know there was a word for what I do! Great idea and great finds. I'm so happy to be included! :D

    http://www.jukebox-art.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting, and I learned a new word too - concomitantly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too did not know there was a word for what I do..I am 'over-the-moon' to be included. Thank you Andria.- Debra

    ReplyDelete